Sunday 11 August 2013

S'not Funny

I do believe I have the power to make things happen. Only last week I made this utterly stupid musing; "I'm surprised at how I haven't caught the cold virus that's been going round the office". What a knob. I'm now lying in a bath full of enough oils and concoctions to make the Macbeth witches proud. I can't actually smell the bath water right now, but I'm pretty sure if I could it'd make the inside of my nose drop out. Already I can see the wallpaper peeling away from the walls and hear the dog whining outside the door. I bet I'm still ill tomorrow. My colds usually last so long that Kleenex have now decided to sponsor me. Summer colds are the worse, don't ask me why, they just are. I'm so shit when I have a cold, I have no energy and I require my mum to immediately make her way to Tesco in order to buy me ten thousand oranges and a packet of sucky sweets. I'm weak and I feel sorry for myself. I was clearly a man in my past life.

I treated myself to a mini shopping trip yesterday, although I hasten to add it was for stuff I actually need. We just won't mention about the extra little deviations from Debenhams 😉. Usually shopping makes me feel good, but this virus stole that special moment away from me! I was very much looking forward to showing off my new little black number to my current "special interest" last night, so I really hope my ample bosom was enough to distract him away from the fact I looked like an extra from Dawn of the Dead.

Another thing that annoys me about colds is this; why do they always start when you've just started a new diet? I was doing really well sticking to my allocated total amount of calories per day, in fact...I was finishing my days with extra to spare. But now I have a cold and all I want to do is comfort eat. I'm craving cheese puffs and salt & vinegar crisps! I need to be defiant towards my cravings, I do not want to look back at Sarah's wedding photos and wonder where the giant house came from that she's standing next to. Oh, that's not a house; that's me. Tomorrow I shall mostly be eating grapefruits and blueberries. Unless somebody decides to go on a bacon roll run. Then I'm fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment