Tuesday 27 August 2013

Winky Flirt Babe

So I took the plunge into Internet dating, just like my friends suggested. It was a great example of exactly why I'm usually so stubborn towards anybody's advice. After 2 weeks of "winks" and "flirts" from guys who looked like they'd just escaped prison, catching their faces on the barbed wire on the way out, and messages from guys proclaiming I have a "great rack babe", I decided to cancel my subs. How do any guys reckon on getting a decent girlfriend with a pick up line like that?? i mean its hardly the height of romantic wooing. Babe...? In the literal sense of the word, I'm hardly a "babe". Plus it reminds me of that film with the talking pig. Sorry Mr BigDong31, but that's a line I ain't biting!

I was seeing a guy until recently, but he turned out to be pretty much like all the others. Self-absorbed, a bit distant, a tad weird etc. Plus he had kids; major buzzkill! He never liked to text whilst he was with his kids. Somebody needs to remind him that kids that age don't particularly want to be hanging out with Dad, so I'm sure they wouldn't give a crap if he was texting in their presence. I genuinely liked him, although I had my reservations, and besides the making me watch some motor racing bullshit he knew I didn't like, and texting his ex-girlfriend throughout our evening together, I actually felt comfortable with him. But then he said he'd text to discuss our, whatever it was we had, and never bothered. Three days later when I see him in a situation that involved both of us being together in the same place, he pretends like nothing had ever happened. I stick by my theory that men are better at mind games than women. He did me a favour really, I could never be with a guy who owns a tutu. Don't ask.  

I did meet a guy last week who seems very keen. One major problem though; he lives in Wales. He couldn't live in a worse location! It's kind of ironic considering my thoughts on Wales. In fact I may just change my middle name to Irony.

To be honest, I'm quite happy as I am right now. I'm taking every guy I meet with a pinch of salt. In fact I might just keep a bottle of salt on my person at all times. Maybe keep it in my rack...?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment